Truck Driver Jobs at Hotline Freight System
Thank you for your interest in Hot Line Freight. Hot-line Freight System Inc. is a privately owned growing Transportation Company based in Western Wisconsin with 16 terminals in 6 states.
Do you meet the following requirements?
* Class A CDL
* Hazmat Endorsement
* 1-year continuous current driving record
* Verifiable Previous 3-years Driving Employment History
* Clean MVR
* DOT Qualifications
JOB DESCRIPTION FOR TRUCK DRIVERS
Classification: Truck Driver/Over the Road Drivers
1. Essential Job Functions: To operate commercial motor vehicle to transport freight in inters or intra state commerce between terminals and relay stations or from home terminal to distant point(s) and return.
* Inspect vehicle and required parts and accessories to determine safe operating condition prior to departure
* Check shipping papers to determine nature of load and any special hazards, and check load itself and methods of securing it
* Operate vehicle in compliance with company rules and all applicable state and federal
* regulations, and in accordance with accepted principles of safe driving
* Deliver freight to consignees
* Pick up freight as required
* Load and unload freight as required
* Collect freight charges as instructed
* Perform other related work as required
* The brakes of highway trucks shall be set and wheel chocks placed under the rear wheels to prevent the trucks from rolling while they are boarded with powered industrial trucks.
3. Miscellaneous Responsibilities:
* Report all accidents, incidents of equipment damage involving driver or company equipment
* Maintain trip records as required
* Maintain for compliance with state and federal regulations including driver’s logs, records of fuel purchases, mileage records, etc..
* Proper use and care of all equipment assigned to him/her for the performance of his/her duties.
* Reports promptly any delays that will affect pick up or delivery appointments.
4. Physical Requirements
* 49 CFR 391.41 (if Applicable)
* Driver must be able to sit for extended periods of time in a truck tractor.
* Driver must be able to walk, bend, reach, push, pull, stoop, squat, and climb, as necessary, to perform vehicle inspections.
* Additional Requirements: CDL, (Good) Driving Record